Sunday, February 14, 2021

Music Marketing Blog Post #2

This post will focus on the project experience as a whole. I will be describing and discussing topics such as research, planning, production, post-production, and our presentation. I will also discuss what I've learned and can take away from this project. 

Research 

This will be brief since the last post was mainly about research. For the research portion, our group studied other rock bands to get a bigger picture of how they market to their audience. I made my case study on the Rolling Stones and their website definitely gave me a better idea of how important a website can be to a fanbase. 


Planning 

For pre-production, my group mainly brainstormed over Zoom calls. We discussed how we would film and what we wanted to include in the video. We were focused on making sure that whatever additions we made would fit our target audience. Over one Zoom call we also made our storyboard to visualize our video.


Production

Although I wasn't around during production I was there to discuss with the group what techniques they would use to film. We talked over many ideas including using LED lights for coloring in the video and even filming underwater and in a car for some interesting shots, but those two didn't come out in the final project. I noticed that after watching the video most techniques came from editing, but another aspect that really worked for the video was positioning. Having Maya in many different areas while filming proved to make the composition much more intriguing.


Post-Production

Editing was all thanks to Isa. She put together the whole video brilliantly using a variety of editing techniques to make the video visually appealing. The surreal colors mixed with psychedelic effects create an experience for the audience while the more organized order of clips still forms a solid story about the temptations of social media. 


Presentation

Our presentation went over all aspects of the project. It discussed our research, pre-production, production, and post-production along with the backstory created for the band. Although, a key detail about the presentation was the theme that tied everything together. The warm orange, space vibe that the presentation gives off was represented throughout the entire project and is what makes it unique.

What I've Learned
The project in total taught me a lot. The research showed me what real-world artists do to get their vision noticed. It taught me how to truly appeal to a target audience and how to create a theme for a project. Planning taught me about making sacrifices when working with a group. Not all ideas are excepted so sometimes you just have to go with the flow. Production wasn't much of a learning experience for me since I wasn't there. That only made me realize that my group didn't need me and moving on I think I'd like to do a solo project because it will give me a chance to show off my own ideas. Post-production definitely shows you how your group acts under pressure. I learned a lot about not having too high expectations and sticking to an easier concept to get a better final product in the end. Lastly, the presentation taught me that my group didn't really have faith that I'd help present meaning they didn't trust me. Most of the time throughout the project I felt a bit excluded but didn't think much of it. I later realized that they thought I was being lazy even though I offered my help at every point of the project and I was turned down. So in total, I learned that a group with three girls and one boy with the opposite personality isn't a good mix and if I want something to come out good in my eyes then I either need to do it myself, or I need a trusting group with a better dynamic. This will definitely help me personally moving forward.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project Post #22 (CCR)

My final post for my portfolio project will be my creative critical reflection (CCR). I need to answer the following questions. -How does yo...

Blog Archive