Sunday, February 14, 2021

Portfolio Project Post #2

          Last post I discussed genre and settled on comedy as my best choice. I realized how many comedy films differed which inspired me to make this post a brainstorming sheet for different styles of comedy. Some movies with interesting comical relief that come to mind are Deadpool, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, and Borat. I'd like to draw inspiration from all these movies because their styles set them apart from every other comedy.

Deadpool

Some techniques used by the opening sequence include violence, fourth-wall-breaking, childish behavior, vivid dialogue, over the top stunts, randomness, and fast-paced action. This being a school project I'll have to stay away from violence, cursing, and stunts. Although breaking the fourth-wall, childish behavior, creative dialogue, and randomness are all great techniques for creating a funny story and will come in handy moving forward.



Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Scott Pilgrim's opening included techniques such as sarcasm, repetition, uncomfortable dialogue, onomatopoeia, fast-paced movements, camera movements, and awkward acting. These are all great and acceptable techniques to put in my opening. I'll definitely keep these ideas in mind to create the most hilarious opening possible.



Borat

What sets Borat apart is Borat's funny accent, simple and unexpected dialogue, political humor, and hilariously placed props. To stay out of trouble I think I'll steer clear of using accents or political humor to not offend. The quick jabs created by Borat's dialogue and props were well-placed and could be very useful as inspiration for my project.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project Post #22 (CCR)

My final post for my portfolio project will be my creative critical reflection (CCR). I need to answer the following questions. -How does yo...

Blog Archive