Saturday, February 20, 2021

Portfolio Project Post #4

Last post I mentioned that I wanted to add random, abstract things in the background during the starting sequence. I want the movie to have a slight psychedelic feel to it. An exciting aspect of the movie is that it's mixing the comedy genre with a partially depressing, thrilling, and hallucinative tone to tell a story about suppressed imagination. It doesn't even have to be complicated since I'm only filming the opening so I don't have to go over my zero-dollar budget. The idea is to have Will walk around, getting ready for his day while strange occurrences happen behind him. This is dropping subtle hints to foreshadow Psycho Paranoia coming to life. My ideas for creative shots range from continuity errors, POV shots, lighting techniques, and reversed/time-lapsed clips.

Continuity Errors

For continuity errors, I could have something noticeable disappear from the background. I could also change the color of an object or maybe even Will's shirt in between shots. Maybe Will could also pick out a specific mug for his coffee and he notices it's different when he looks at it again.


POV Shots
I was thinking about taking inspiration from IT and make it seem like Psycho is stalking Will the way Pennywise stalked the kids. I could use POV shots from weird places like high up near the ceiling, so it looks like Psycho is crawling upside down. The camera can turn from upside down while he's crawling to right-side-up while he perches to stare at Will. I could use cracking noises to signal that Psycho twisted his neck like in a horror movie. The camera would also follow Will while adjusting the focus to make Psycho appear to be a mysterious creature.

Lighting Techniques
Similar to the last technique I'm taking inspiration from it. When Pennywise appears in dark shadows it gave me the idea of showing Psycho as a shadow in the background. An over-the-shoulder shot can be used to show Psycho as Will's shadow as he moves around and taunts will behind his back.


Reverse/Timelapse
I imagined one idea of a clock spinning counterclockwise. This idea is extremely easy because all I have to do is take a timelapse of a clock and reverse it to make it spin back. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project Post #22 (CCR)

My final post for my portfolio project will be my creative critical reflection (CCR). I need to answer the following questions. -How does yo...

Blog Archive