Saturday, February 20, 2021

Portfolio Project Post #5

          For this post, I'll try to write a rough draft of the script. I won't include any dialogue yet, but I want to jot down the sequence of events that would happen in the opening. The video has to be two minutes max so I have to attempt to write enough content to fill that.

          The first thing to happen would be Will waking up in his bed and yawning. Automatically, Psycho would be foreshadowed by switching camera angles to see a foggy figure standing outside on the balcony. Next is a close-up of Will moving the blanket off him and another close-up showing his feet land on the carpet and walk off-screen. The last scene in the bedroom is him walking out of the room.

          Next, Will is seen walking in the hall. In the back, it could zoom in to a clock turning counterclockwise. Afterwards, Will would walk downstairs and each squeak of each step could be shown with onomatopoeia. 

          The scene with Will downstairs is mostly important for using continuity errors to my advantage. I want to show changing shirts, towels, and coffee mugs in the background to confuse Will and the viewers during the scene before he walks back upstairs. Each squeak of each step would be shown with onomatopoeia again to add repetition.

          The last scene starts with Psycho's POV on the roof as he watches Will walk through the hallway and the doorway back to his room. Then Will sits in his chair and complains about not knowing what to write while some strange particles in the air foreshadow Psycho's appearance. Then Psycho appears over Will and talks to him before cutting to black.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project Post #22 (CCR)

My final post for my portfolio project will be my creative critical reflection (CCR). I need to answer the following questions. -How does yo...

Blog Archive