Sunday, February 21, 2021

Portfolio Project Post #6

          This post is just an extension of my last post. I had some ideas overnight that I just wanted to add to the script before I do my first storyboard for the next post. I wanted to work a bit on dialogue before I make my final script. Most of the dialogue will be voiceovers of pessimistic comments made by Will in his inner thoughts that will be made comical by the visuals of the clip. 

         The first scene of Will waking up and yawning will obviously include his yawn as audio but for a voiceover, I'd have him make a remark about how boring the day will be because part of his character is that he is a pessimist and that mindset usually gets in the way of him enjoying his day which sets a tone for that side of Will. I'd use a freeze-frame of this scene and use a title card to introduce the character possibly with a narrator's voiceover. In the clip with Psycho's foggy silhouette, Will would make a comment on how he can never get any sleep because he always feels like someone's watching him. While Will walks out of his bedroom he could say "Maybe I should just read my own comics since all my critics say it puts them to sleep" because he's a failing writer and this dialogue can get that point across.

         When Will is in the hall and the clock moves counterclockwise he says "I used to be such a good writer. I wish I could just back in time to more adventurous days." Then he would proceed to walk down the squeaky steps.

          The downstairs scene that would take place in the kitchen scene could be a problem if it lasts too long so I was thinking of just doing fast-paced shots to quickly show what Will is doing. First, Will opens the refrigerator from the fridge's POV and he says how food isn't even enjoyable to him anymore and closes the door. Maybe before the clip starts there is nothing on the fridge, but after he closes it there will be a magnet of Pyscho or his logo on the fridge door. Next, Will turns to the Kuerig, turns it on, and looks up to the cabinet with coffee mugs. From the cabinet's POV, he looks for which mug he wants and the clip switches to show Will's options. He chooses a mug and places it in the Keurig and presses the button to brew his coffee. The camera then switches between a shot of Will's face and a shot of the brewing coffee as it zooms in and the audio gets louder. Will then says that he has to pee and the camera stays still while he runs to the bathroom and closes the door. While the camera waits it could shake a little bit like it's a cameraman holding it to somewhat break the fourth wall. Then the audience here's meow and the camera tilts down to show a cat standing there and Will comes to pick it up. This will not only add some randomness to the opening but comic relief because Will would have been in the bathroom for an ironically short amount of time. This will also work to make the opening feel more fast-paced to give it a similar feel to Scott Pilgrim. He then grabs the mug but it changed colors completely to keep up the continuity error gag. Will will then make another snarky remark before going back upstairs.

         The last scene starts with Psycho's POV on the roof as he watches Will walk through the hallway and the doorway back to his room. The camera will move forward to show Psycho is crawling then turn to show that his head twists around. Then Will sits in his chair and the chair makes that leather rubbing noise. Will then makes a dad joke and says "excuse me, coffee makes me gassy." He then complains about not knowing what to write while some strange particles in the air foreshadow Psycho's appearance. Psycho appears above Will on his desk. As a reference to IT since I got inspiration from it, Psycho says "Hiya Willy" the same way Pennywise says "Hiya Georgie." Then the scene ends on a side view shot of Psycho on one side and Will's surprised face on the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project Post #22 (CCR)

My final post for my portfolio project will be my creative critical reflection (CCR). I need to answer the following questions. -How does yo...

Blog Archive