Saturday, February 27, 2021

Portfolio Project Post #9

          For this post, I want to focus on what techniques I'm using and how I will use them. Important factors of the opening include music, color, lighting, animation. I want to find music that fits well with my idea so I'll search through a couple options and try to make a decision. I will also be constantly changing colors and lighting throughout each scene, so I need to look for a way to do that. As for animation, I want to animate Psycho as well as the words I use for onomatopoeia. 

Music

          There are many different moods showcased throughout the opening, so I have to be creative with the sounds. The feeling I want the music to radiate is a weird, suspicious, and slightly thriller tone. Although Will is in a depressed state, I don't want the audience to feel too much of that heavy-weight emotion while watching. That's why I decided that the colors and dialogue can be a tad darker while the music stays light and helps guide the comedic tone. Here are two free sounds I found that fit this description. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqk6fqAkGA &  https://www.youtube.com/watchv=oGv9HD_k6b4) As for the thriller sound, I was thinking of just adding a few horror sound effects in the song when Psycho is around. (https://www.youtube.com/watchv=L_bjXnWMgiY&list=PL634EA6C2844 05875&index=8 https://www.youtube.com/watchv=7D2zNvRBfaU&list=PL634EA6C284405875&index=16) I'll keep searching after I film to make sure I get the best fit for my opening.

Color/Lighting

          Color and lighting are easy for me since I've been taking a television class for three years, I can use adobe premiere pro to fix up any visuals I don't like. I have plenty of other options to make the video look even better. I can use colored paper or plastic to change light colors. I can also borrow studio lights from a reliable friend to get the best lighting. Other than that I could also use specific objects with colors that fit the scene best.

Animation

          This is the hardest part of the project for me. I would like to animate Psycho into the video, but I have zero experience animating. I'll be researching many videos and keeping them for upcoming posts to review my progress. My brother has a great IPad that he uses for drawing, so I will likely use that to draw and animate Psycho. If not I'll just have to change up the character's physical appearance a bit and have a friend play him for me. Other than that I need to animate onomatopoeia into the opening the way Scott Pilgrim does. I can easily do this on premiere since I've done it before in previous videos I've made. The only thing I need to do is choose how I want to style it, but that decision is best to be decided while I'm editing since I'll have the options right in front of me and I'll have a better understanding of the tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portfolio Project Post #22 (CCR)

My final post for my portfolio project will be my creative critical reflection (CCR). I need to answer the following questions. -How does yo...

Blog Archive